POLICIES & BEHAVIOR
1. Camp Rancho is open to Rancho Colorados members ages 4-12.
2. Standard policy is to have a staffing ratio of one staff member per 10 children.
3. All registration forms must be completed and on file before we admit your child to Camp Rancho. Emergency forms and policy acknowledgement forms are required for each family and must be renewed each year.
4. Campers must be checked in and out of camp daily by an adult on his / her emergency form. Signed permission must be given on Policies Acknowledgement Form if your child will be walking / riding a bike home or if your child will be checked out by another adult.
5. Camp Rancho is not equipped for toilet training. We do offer hourly potty reminders if necessary and will escort children who need assistance to and from the restrooms. Please let our staff know if your child needs reminders or assistance.
6. We are not responsible for personal items. Please label all clothing and belongings.
The use of cell phones or other electronics is NOT permitted at Camp Rancho. If cell phones are brought to camp they need to stay in backpacks at all times.
In order to protect all of the children at Camp Rancho, our staff will do a visual “well check” before admitting each child. We want to ensure a healthy environment and ask that you not bring your child if he/she has symptoms of any virus, including but not limited to: common cold, the flu, pink eye, stomach flu, runny nose (other than clear), rash or skin irritation. A child needs to be fever free (without the aid of a fever reducer) for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to Camp Rancho. If your child exhibits any of these symptoms due to allergies, please let us know and bring a doctor’s note so we are aware of his/her condition.
Camp Rancho's definition of inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to:
1. Aggressiveness toward other children and staff members such as yelling, spitting, hitting, kicking, pinching, biting or throwing of objects.
2. Damaging Rancho Colorados property, equipment, or the property of other children.
3. Repeatedly ignoring the instructions of Camp Rancho counselors.
4. Use of profanity or rebellious behavior towards the staff or other children.
Progressive discipline will include the following:
1. First incident: verbal counseling will be provided to the child.
2. Second incident: The child will have a time out and parent will be notified of their behavior at pick up.
3. Third incident: the parent will be called to pick up the child.